Saturday, July 28, 2012

Moose on the Loose!

Well here's one way to add a little speed to a workout! 

My one our workout began as normal with me setting my "Walk Tracker Pro" app for a one hour workout.  With my favourite playlist going, I was set to burn some calories.  About 30 minutes in, I decided that I was feeling strong and that today was the day to add some running. 

Picking up the pace and adding a bounce to my stride, I felt great.  I was running, albeit a slow jog but I was getting lift off, air time = run.  As I inched my way up the dirt road and to the top of my "killer hill", I still felt spectacular.  My little baby jog steps held steady as I took on the down hill with only about half a mile to go to my turn around point.

Looking to my left, I was startled and stopped dead in my tracks - a moose and her baby looking directly at me.  No sooner had we noticed each other when the two moose decide to run full tilt toward me!  With less than 80 meters between us, I did not wait to see how this was all going to play out.  Time for some speed work.  Without a word of a lie, I turned around,  I sprinted up "killer hill" and made tracks out of there as fast as I could.  I sprinted for as long as my short, stubby legs would carry me.  When my breath out was greater than my breath in and I was no longer getting the oxygen I needed to sustain this ridiculous pace, I walked - backward.  I watched nervously for two moose on a mission to charge toward me.  Of course this didn't happen, but now I was brave enough to have my camera out to take a picture just in case!

Anyway here is a picture of my dirt road sans moose.  I can't wait to see what adventures await me tomorrow on my dirt road.

Please feel free to comment on my experience. Have you had a similar experience? Do you think the moose were after me?  Shall I run this dirt road again tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment