Friday, July 27, 2012

Goals and Gravel - Part 1

In my younger days, I used to be a pretty decent athlete. Cross country running, badminton and athletics used to be my passions!  After launching a teaching career,  getting married to a farmer and having two kids....that part of me disappeared.  My high stress job is taking its toll on me.  The business of life has left me tired, unmotivated, at least 20 pounds overweight and somewhat depressed by it all. 

Living in the country on a farm has a way of isolating a person.  It has made it difficult for me to develop a support system for my health goals.  I have decided to blog about my weight loss plan and progress.
My mother is battling breast cancer and I see how this nasty disease is affecting her.  I know that there are many lifestyle changes that one can make to reduce the risk of brease cancer.  I am ready to make some drastic changes to improve my health, reduce my risk of disease and enhance my quality of life. The changes I am trying to make are based on three key books that I have just read:  "Stress Less", "Breakthrough" by Suzanne Somers and "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joe Fuhrman. 

This blog will serve as a firsthand account of the work I am doing to achieve the following long term goals:

1) reduce stress

2) lose 20 pounds

3) change my eating habits (80% - 90% vegetarian diet)

4) exercised for one hour per day

5) sleep for a minimum of 7 hours per night

6) supplement my diet with minerals and vitamins that are lacking


My number one goal is to be healthier which will ultimately help me to handle stress better and slow down the terrible aging process!

No comments:

Post a Comment