Friday, July 27, 2012

Change Number 1

The first thing that I am determined to change is my sedentary lifestyle.  Suzanne Somers' boo "Breakthrough" states that being active helps to slow our aging process right down to the cellular level.  Also, "Stress Less" by Thea Singer supports this hypothesis.  Exercise is a natural way to reduce stress and all of the damage it does to our cells.  Healthy cells, healthy person! 

I decided that walking for one hour per day would help me get back into exercising.  I used to run but have found myself to be quite winded by running only a block or two.  Over the next couple of months, I hope to get my "mojo" back and be able to jog a couple of miles. 

I began my walking program two weeks ago and I am pleased to report that this is almost habit for me now. I loaded "Walk Tracker Pro" onto my iPhone and use it to set my workout goal, monitor my speed and distance and listen to music!  I highly recommend this app, it is very motivating, I love it! Walking down the gravel road with my dog and my iPhone has become not just exercise but a mental break for me.  Surprisingly, I have not been sore only tired.

My mileage on my one hour walks has improved slightly.  I have not lost any weight but I have not really tried to change my eating habits yet.......

No comments:

Post a Comment